How To Crispy Fried Zucchini Recipe Video 2021
off zucchini and slice into ½” slices. Beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Pour oil into a pan to ½” deep and heat over medium heat. Dredge zucchini in flour, dip in eggs and finally dip in bread crumbs. Add zucchini to the pan, a few at a time (don’t crowd) cooking 2-3 minutes per side.
Crispy Fried Zucchini is a delicious way to enjoy all of that summer zucchini from your yard…or your well-meaning neighbor or coworker. Zucchini is sliced into medallions, coated in a parmesan breadcrumb mixture, and fried until crispy!
Zucchini fries, grilled zucchini, zucchini toast, and this fried zucchini recipe are exactly what you should make when you are trying to find new ways to prepare and cook zucchini. You’ll never run out of ways to serve this abundant garden veggie!
- 2 medium zucchini about 1 ½ lbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- canola oil for frying
- Trim ends off zucchini and slice into ½” slices.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and salt & pepper to taste in a separate dish.
- Pour oil into a pan to ½” deep and heat over medium heat.
- Dredge zucchini in flour, dip in eggs and finally dip in bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Add zucchini to the pan, a few at a time (don’t crowd) cooking 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels. Season with salt if desired.
Ensure you are using seasoned bread crumbs. If your breadcrumbs are plain be sure to season before making adding to the parmesan cheese.To Make Seasoned Bread Crumbs, add the following to 2 cups plain bread crumbs:
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
How to Make Fried Zucchini
This is the easy part! Make as much as you have zucchini for by doubling up the recipe…oh, and give some away, too! Feel free to make these with panko which is pre-packaged and pre-seasoned. Or make them with breadcrumbs and season them yourself like the recipe below. Easy peasy!
- Wash and dry the zucchini and trim the ends off. Slice each zucchini into ½” medallions.
- Prepare the egg mixture and the breadcrumb mixture (per recipe below).
- Dredge zucchini in flour, dip in the egg mixture, and then coat evenly in the bread crumbs. Press down on them to make sure they are completely coated. Repeat with remaining slices.
How to Fry Zucchini
When it comes to frying zucchini there are a few different ways to do this. You can fry it in a pan with oil, in an air fryer, or avoid the oil altogether and bake them in the oven. No matter how you choose to cook them they will end up crispy, crunchy & delicious!
- In a Pan: Preheat oil in a frying pan, drop the coated zucchini in. Cook on each side about 2 to 3 minutes or until the coating is crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- In an Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Place the zucchini slices in a single layer, cooking for 8 mins or until crispy and golden brown.
- Oven-Fried: If baking in the oven without oil, simply place the coins in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 400°F degrees.
Drain on paper towels and serve hot with an assortment of dipping sauces. Try them with buttermilk ranch dip, a spicy chipotle mayo, or your favorite dipping sauce!
PREP TIME – 20 minutes
COOK TIME – 4 minutes
TOTAL TIME – 24 minutes
AUTHORHolly – Nilsson
COURSESide – Dish
CUISINE – American
CUISINEAmericanCrispy Fried Zucchiniis a delicious way to enjoy summer zucchini! Sliced into medallions, coated in a parmesan breadcrumb mixture and fried until crispy, this crispy fried zucchini will definitely become a family favorite
Calories: 209, Carbohydrates: 31g – Protein: 10g – Fat: 5g – Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 516mg, Potassium: 233mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 269IU, Vitamin C: 10mg, Calcium: 140mg, Iron: 2mg
Searches related to fried zucchini
- Fried Zucchini Recipe with flour
- Pan-fried zucchini
- Deep-Fried Zucchini Recipe
- Fried Zucchini without breadcrumbs
- Fried Zucchini batter
- Pan-Fried Zucchini without breading
- Zucchini chips