Frozen margarita recipe with a mix 2021
Made with only 5 ingredients, this Frozen Margarita recipe is cold, slushy, frosty, and delicious! Perfect for cooling down and relaxing on those hot, sunny days.
It’s cold, it’s slushy, it’s refreshing and boozy – it’s my favorite frozen margarita recipewith a mix
When it’s hot outside and a regular cocktail just won’t do, this frosty marg is a lifesaver. Made with only 4 ingredients, this recipe is a take on my Classic Margarita Recipe but with a frozen twist! My favorite thing about these is that they’re easy to make and perfect for enjoying hot summer days and fun weekends with friends.
Simply imagining myself relaxing in the shade with a frozen margarita in one hand and a good book in the other instantly lifts my mood! That’s how good they are. 🙂
Making this frozen margarita recipe is actually a huge step for me because I’m not usually a slushie person. Frozen and blended drinks have never been something I’ve craved. Most of the time, frozen and blended cocktails that I order at restaurants are too sweet for my liking and I always end up throwing away half of the drink because it’s always served in a huge glass! Are those huge glasses really necessary? I don’t get it.
So I took it upon myself to make a frozen drink that isn’t too sweet, has the perfect amount of alcohol, and is refreshing. And I did it! Here’s how to make it.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN MARGARITAS
- Place 1 cup tequila, 1 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup triple sec, 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or another sweetener) and 6 cups ice in a large blender.
- Blend until slushy and pour into 4 glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Isn’t that super easy? I like to think of this as the basic frozen margarita. Once you’ve got this recipe, you can really customize it to your liking and add any flavors that you want. Add in some frozen strawberries, mango slices, mixed berries, pineapple, anything! Just be sure to add them frozen so the drink keeps its slushy consistency.
Like this cocktail recipe? You may also like these!
- Easy Sangria Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Sunrise
- Classic Mojito Recipe
- Easy Cranberry Margarita
- Skinny Margarita
INGREDIENTS frozen margarita recipe
- ▢coarse kosher salt, for rimming glass
- ▢lime wedges, for rimming glass and garnishing
- ▢1 cup tequila
- 1 cup lime juice
- ▢1/2 cup triple sec
- ▢2 tablespoons agave syrup, or another sweetener to taste
- ▢6 cups ice
INSTRUCTIONS frozen margarita recipe
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of 4 glasses. Dip the edges of the glasses in coarse kosher salt.
- Add tequila, lime juice, triple sec, agave syrup, and ice to a large blender. Blend until slushy. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Pour into prepared glasses and serve immediately
A margarita is a Mexican cocktail consisting of tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice often served with salt on the rim of the glass. The drink is served shaken with ice, blended with ice, or without ice.
Main alcohol: Tequila
Ingredients: 1 oz Cointreau, 1 oz Lime juice, 2 oz Tequila
Preparation: Rub the rim of the glass with the lime slice to make the salt stick to it. Shake the other ingredients with ice, then carefully pour into the glass (taking care not to dislodge any salt). Garnish and serve over ice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime slice, Salt on the rim
Drinkware: Margarita glass
How do you make a frozen margarita from scratch?
- Rim 4 glasses with lime and dip in salt. Combine tequila, lime juice, triple sec, simple syrup, and ice in a blender. Blend until a slushy consistency.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with lime rounds.
What is the best frozen margarita mix?
Here are the best margarita mixes that are both delicious and affordable.
- Best Overall: Tres Agaves Organic. …
- Best Spicy: Hella Cocktail Co. …
- poplar Skinny: Stirrings 5 Calorie. …
- Best Canned: Zing Zang All Natural. …
- tha Best Natural: Powell & Mahoney Classic Margarita. …
- Best for Other Spirits: Morris Kitchen Citrus Agave.
Can margarita mix be frozen?
Because the ingredients contain alcohol, they will freeze in the form of slush and you will easily be able to pull the container of margarita mix from the freezer and use it to create delicious margaritas for any occasion. … Place the containers in the freezer and store the mix indefinitely.
How do you make a frozen margarita thicker?
Use chilled ingredients, if possible. If you use warm/room temp ingredients, your ice will melt faster, and you’ll likely need to add more ice to get a thick, slushy consistency. The more ice you add, the more you will dilute the flavor. So, plan a bit and chill your alcohol, lime juice, and simple syrup in advance.
Searches related to frozen margarita recipe
strawberry frozen margarita recipe
classic frozen margarita recipe
frozen margarita recipe without triple sec
frozen margarita recipe video
different frozen margarita recipes
frozen margarita recipe mango
frozen margarita recipe for machine