Peanut Butter Cheesecake Easy Recipe 2021
This Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake is full of peanut butter flavor with a chocolate cookie crust! It’s a simple recipe with easy ingredients. It’s an absolutely delicious cheesecake recipe!
This Peanut Butter Cheesecake is like a giant Reese’s peanut butter cup. You have an Oreo bottom, peanut butter cheesecake center and a peanut butter cup studded chocolate ganache for the topping.
To say that this is indulging is, to say the least. It is pure heaven. Now a tiny slice will go a long way, it really is hard to stop eating once you start.
How To Store Cheesecake:
REFRIGERATOR: Any cream cheese-based dessert needs to be stored in the refrigerator for safety purposes. This Peanut Butter Cheesecake can be wrapped in tin-foil or Saran Wrap and be stored for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: If you want to freeze your cheesecake before consuming, bake and cool as directed, once cooled in the refrigerator, remove your springform pan sides and place uncovered in freezer for about one hour, then remove and remove from the bottom of the springform pan.
Wrap tightly in saran wrap or tin-foil and place in an airtight container or a large ziplock bag, this should keep for about 3-4 months.
We love freezing cheesecakes, since we do make a lot of them in our house. They are a perfect dessert that you can pull out ahead of time before you have guests over.
This has become a tradition for us, usually we will make two cheesecakes and then consume one and freeze one. Since they are a longer process having one on hand helps!
Must Read: Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe 2021
How To Keep A Cheesecake From Cracking:
I am a believer in water baths. I think that that is the key trick to keep your cheesecake from cracking and I have never strayed from that method.
It helps keep moisture in the oven which aids in the cheesecakes top from not cracking and it also evaporates while baking which aids in the process as well.
A lot of people don’t have large enough baking dishes to fit their springform pan in so in that case you can fill a cake pan or something of the sort with water and place it on the rack underneath the cheesecake.
How To Keep My Peanut Butter Cheesecake From Sweating:
The reason your cheesecake forms condensation on the top is that it was not properly cooled before refrigerating. You will want your. Peanut Butter Cheesecake completely cool before refrigerating.
We let ours sit out on the countertop until it has came to room temperature.
Then you cover tin-foil or Saran Wrap as well to also help keep any moisture out. There is still a chance that some moisture will build upon the top, just you can just blot that off with paper towels.
How To Make A Ganache:
We love the extra layer of ganache on this Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe. It is a nice contrast and adds a little rich flavor. If you’ve never made a ganache before it is super simple.
- In a bowl add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (we like to use semi-sweet).
- In microwave or on stove heat 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream until it just starts to bubble.
- Pour this over your chocolate chips and then cover the bowl with a paper plate or regular plate and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Remove plate and whisk until chocolate is all melted.
We let this cool slightly before we pour it over our cheesecake to let it thicken, also pouring over something that is cold will help the ganache thicken as well.
So let cool slightly then get your cheesecake out and on serving platter then start drizzling the ganache over the top and spreading it over the sides.
Then we like to top it with chopped up peanut butter cups. Do not put your peanut butter cups on right away because the ganache will still be slightly warm and will melt them.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Easy Recipe 2021
Let the ganache cool a little bit longer then you can press into the top of your Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
You will fall in love with this recipe. It has just the right amount of peanut butter in it, it’s not too overpowering. You can taste all the flavors in one bite.
That is one thing that I love the most about this recipe is that not one single part overpowers the rest and it has a nice balance of flavors.
Must Read: Turkey Casserole Recipe
PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE EASY RECIPE:
|YIELDS:||PREP TIME:||TOTAL TIME:|
|10 – 12||0 HOURS 45 MINS||7 HOURS 25 MINS|
FOR THE CRUST
15 chocolate graham crackers
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
4 tbsp. butter, melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
4 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 c. creamy peanut butter
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. sour cream
Chopped Reese’s, for garnish
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
6 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
MAKE THE CRUST:
- Butter the inside of a 9″ springform pan. Set rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°.
- In a food processor or blender, grind chocolate graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Transfer to a medium bowl, add butter, and use fork or fingers to blend mixture until crumbs are evenly moist. Press into bottom and about a third of the way up the sides of springform pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Place pan on baking sheet and bake crust for 10 minutes. Set on rack to cool and reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan or tea kettle full of water to a boil.
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE:
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese on medium, scraping down the bowl as necessary, until completely smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sugar and salt and beat, scraping down bowl as necessary, until smooth and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition and occasionally scraping bottom and sides of bowl. Add peanut butter, heavy cream, and sour cream and beat on low until completely smooth and streak-free, about 1 minute. Pour cheesecake batter into cooled crust and smooth top.
- Wrap bottom of springform pan with a double layer of aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake until top is just starting to brown and crack, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open with wooden spoon, and let cheesecake slowly cool in water bath for 1 hour.
- Remove roasting pan from oven, then carefully lift springform pan out of water and remove foil. Set cheesecake on rack and let come to room temperature. Once completely cool, loosely cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND DECORATE CHEESECAKE:
- When ready to serve, carefully remove sides of the springform pan. Place chocolate in a clean, dry medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm cream until just barely simmering. Pour warm cream over the chocolate and let sit 10 minutes, then add salt and stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over cheesecake, spreading it evenly and allowing some to drip downsides of the cake. Sprinkle with chopped Reese’s.
Must Read: Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine Easy Recipe
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
The creamy peanut butter filling calls for cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and eggs. Basically, your staple cheesecake ingredients with the addition of peanut butter.
I have a specific order for adding the ingredients to the filling. The reason behind this is to achieve an ultra creamy filling. So be sure to follow the recipe exactly when mixing the filling.
First, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Then mix in the sugar, salt, vanilla until well combined. Beat in the cream until the filling is light and creamy. Mix in the peanut butter next. And finally, fold in lightly beaten eggs.
Don’t use the mixer to beat in the eggs! It’s important that you fold them in with a spatula. Using a mixer will whip too much air into the eggs causing the cheesecake to puff up during baking. It will then deflate as it cools causing cracks to form on the surface.
I preach this with every cheesecake I share with you. I’m sorry for constantly repeating myself but it’s really the most valuable cheesecake advice I can give you.
How many calories are in a peanut butter cheesecake?
“Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in Our Original Cheesecake with Layers of Delicious Fudge Cake and Caramel.” There’s nothing like finishing your Cheesecake Factory meal with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake, with its 1,500 calories, 43 grams of saturated fat, and 21 teaspoons of (mostly) added sugar.
What is the difference between a regular cheesecake and a New York cheesecake?
Regular cheesecake relies on heavy cream and sour cream to thin the batter and create a silkier, creamier texture. New York cheesecake is heavy on the cream cheese which is why it’s so dense and rich.
Must Read: Manicotti Recipe
What is usually the main ingredient of a cheesecake?
Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. The main, and thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese (typically cottage cheese, cream cheese, or ricotta), eggs, and sugar.
How do you make cheesecake not mix?
When you overmix the batter, more air is incorporated into the cheesecake batter. This causes the cheesecake to rise and fall, leaving cracks on the surface of it.
This can be prevented by having all your ingredients at room temperature so you can mix less to get the ingredients incorporated.
PEOPLE ALSO ASK FOR:
- Simple Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Philadelphia Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Allrecipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Factory
- Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Death by Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
Must Read: Best Chicken Carbonara Recipe